- Vessel of your choice (shown here are spray painted gold, large sized ricotta pot)
- Orchid plant (Color and variety of your choice)
- Wood chips
- Moss (Shown here is Spanish moss)
Fill the vessel or pot with a hand full of wood chips (1/4 of the way) to elevate the orchid plant.
With one hand holding the orchid plant straight up, use the other hand to fill the surrounding of the plant's plastic pot with wood chips. This step will help to tightly secure the orchid plant inside the vessel or pot.
Add the moss to hide the unattractive, exposing roots of the orchid plant.
Why add moss?
- Gives a clean appearance by hiding the soil
- Dresses up leggy plants and makes the container look “finished"
- Retains moisture so you will not need to water your plants as often
- Prevents weeds from germinating in the pot
- Keeps soil from splashing out when watering plants
Spray the roots of the orchid plant with water and she's ready to be displayed!
Like what you see? Subscribe to our newsletter and YouTube channel for more tips and tricks. Bloominous is here to make DIY easy by bring fresh flowers in easy to arrange kits for your wedding and home! Check us out on bloominous.com